The main task of SE Atomremontservis (SE ARS) is to provide complex and non-conventional maintenance and repairs at Ukrainian NPPs in a safe an effective manner, including dismantling, repair, reconstruction and upgrading of nuclear power plants' equipment. Moreover, SE ARS is involved in international projects at Chornobyl NPP.
Comprehensive engineering and technological support of maintenance campaigns helps to reduce the overall repair time while implementation of advanced diagnostic systems and technologies improves quality of the maintenance work.
SE ARS has a training facility to permit personnel retraining and professional development.
To ensure technical and information support to structural units of the emergency response system of NNEGC «Energoatom», SE ARS incorporates an Off-Site Emergency Response Center.
Back in May 2006, SS ARS certified its Quality Assurance System against the requirements of the international ISO 9001:2000 standard. SE ARS confirms through annual TUV SUD audits that its quality management system is compliant with ISO 9001 requirements.
Owing to the comprehensive engineering and technological support for maintenance campaigns the overall repair time has been reduced while implementation of advanced diagnostic systems and technologies improves quality of the maintenance work. At present, SE ARS employs 805 persons and expects to increase its staff up to 1100 persons.
ARS has the following activity licenses and rights:
• for civil works;
• for utilization of ionizing radiation sources
• for designing of engineering tools intended for physical protection of nuclear facilities, nuclear materials, radioactive wastes and other sources of ionizing radiation.
• for installation, adjustment, maintenance and repair of engineering tools intended for physical protection of nuclear facilities, nuclear materials, radioactive wastes and other sources of ionizing radiation.
• for designing, installation, maintenance of fire protection facilities.
• for activities in the area of reprocessing, storage and disposal of radioactive wastes (designing and construction of facilities, designing and manufacturing of radioactive waste handling equipment) and so on.